Sunday, October 12, 2014

Becoming a part of the Food Revolution.

A couple of days back I took a pledge and today I am so happy to share it with all of you. 

“My name is Prachi and I volunteer for the Food Revolution. I give my spare time for free to further the mission of Jamie’s charities'. The Food Revolution has selected a number of volunteers from around the world who showed a deep commitment to real food and I’m thrilled to be one of them.”

A big thank you to team Food Revolution for giving me an opportunity to be the Food Ambassador for Dubai, UAE.

For those of you who know me and my little chefling through this blog and outside of it, you know how much this means to me. Sharing our experiences has helped us built a connection with all of you and in the process we are hoping that at times we have ended up inspiring you to cook and share meals with your kids.

I strongly believed that food is an important part of the environment that one grows in. I feel that children who are involved in preparing food are more likely to try out new flavours, respect their food and respect where the food that they eat comes from. So this opportunity has gotten me all excited and I want to put all of my energy towards instilling the love for wholesome and nutritious food amongst children.
Through the blog I hope to share my journey, the trials and tribulations, the highs and the lows and most importantly inspire our children to fall in love with cooking and real food and give them a life skill.

Don't go away yet. I need your help but before that I'd like to give you an overview of what the Food Revolution is all about.

About the Food Revolution: “The Food Revolution is a movement that allows people who love food to come together to share information, talents and resources and also to pass on their knowledge and bring food skills to life. All around the globe, people work together to make a difference. The Food Revolution is about connecting with community in schools, restaurants and local businesses. We want to inspire change in people’s food habits and to promote the mission for better food and education for everyone”.

Why we need a Food Revolution: “For the first time in world history we have over 1 billion people underweight and over 1 billion people overweight or obese. Our farming, health, business and education systems aren't working, making diet-related diseases among the world's biggest killers. Cooking skills used to be passed down from generation to generation, but this pattern has been interrupted and lost. As a result, we are eating more convenience and processed foods than ever before, having lost our connection with what real, healthy and wholesome food is – we need a food revolution”.

About Jamie Oliver and the Food Revolution: “Jamie Oliver is the founder and driving force behind inspiring millions around the world to join the Food Revolution. The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) founded the Food Revolution Voluntary Ambassador program in 2012 with a vision of galvanizing an already growing global foodie community into a movement with purpose. That purpose is to keep cooking skills alive”.

About the Ambassadors: "They are enthusiastic volunteers in cities and regions around the world who support the Food Revolution all year round. They play a leadership role in connecting individuals, schools, businesses and organizations at a local level to ensure their collective voice is heard. Ambassadors are the spark of enthusiasm that work towards turning this into a local movement by connecting the dots of support. The Food Revolution aims to give those who have been working tirelessly a platform to share their knowledge with the local community and open up opportunities for even more people to learn about real food through participation.

Food Revolution Day: “A united effort across all of Jamie’s foundation projects in the UK, US and Australia Food Revolution Day is a global day of action for people to make a stand for good food and essential cooking skills. It's a chance for people to come together within their homes, schools, workplaces and communities to cook and share their kitchen skills, food knowledge and resources. Food Revolution Day aims to raise awareness about the importance of good food and better food education for everyone by focusing on three simple actions – cook it, share it, live it.


Food Revolution Day 2014 took place on the 16 May 2014 with more than 10,400 events across 121 countries. 8400 schools participated and 30,000 individuals participated in it. It touched the lives of over 120 million people.

I am going to need your help.

I need to talk to you. I need to listen to you. I need your help for achieving what I have set out for.

All you awesome parents, hardworking teachers, the enterprising teams running local businesses and restaurants, wonderful conscientious people who are behind the farmers’ markets, the ever giving community groups and organizations, the voice of Dubai; local newspapers, radio stations and magazines who would like to help me achieve this goal or have ideas on what I can do for our kids at Dubai or are in position to help me spread the word around please get in touch with me.

Let us make a difference in lives of our kids and bring about a Food Revolution at Dubai.

Eat real. Stay healthy.

4 comments:

Nayana said...

Congratulations Prachi 😊

Tasneem Rajkotwala said...

Congratulations Prachi and this is simply awesome! I wish you all the luck to conquer what you have set out for.

orangekitchens said...

Nayana: Thanks a lot. Happy that I am getting this opportunity :)

orangekitchens said...

Tasneem: Thanks :) Yes me too, fingers crossed. Excited to give our little ones a chance to taste real food.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...